turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rtd08936

I purchase Turbo Tax each year and pay for a disk to be sent to me. However my c.c. was charged $230.00 on May 17 for unknown charges. Please contact me ASAP

The disk failed to load and I followed the alternate directions. If I'm not contacted within two days I will file a dispute.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I purchase Turbo Tax each year and pay for a disk to be sent to me. However my c.c. was charged $230.00 on May 17 for unknown charges. Please contact me ASAP

@ rtd08936 wrote:
The disk failed to load and I followed the alternate directions. If I'm not contacted within two days I will file a dispute.

This is a user community forum, not a direct route to TurboTax Support.  But I'll tell you how to phone them below. 

Did you ever manage to get the software installed?   We could have helped you do so.

We don't know what all you did, but you appear to be using Online Self-Employed Edition--at least that is what is displayed underneath your question.   Did you use the Online product (web version) by mistake instead of using the desktop software?  If so, that's why it charged you again--it would not be aware of your CD purchase.  The 2 platforms are not interchangeable.  

In any case, nothing account-specific, such as a billing issue, can be handled in this public forum.  Here's how to phone TurboTax Support during the day to let them know what happened and that you have been double-billed:

Hours are currently 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

In the issue line just say billing issue without quotes.

If you used the ONLINE version instead of the Downloaded one then that program would have asked for the CC information in the FILE tab and at that point you should have questioned it and posted a question so this matter could have been corrected before you paid a second time.   Now your only recourse is to contact TT support to get a refund of the duplicated payment.  

The alternate way was to download the program if the CD install was not working and not to use the ONLINE version ... that is where you made your error.   Now make sure you save the PDF and the .taxfile of the 2020 return so you have the information on your computer and the .taxfile to transfer into the next year's program if you choose to go back to the Downloaded version again.  

my disk will not allow me to start over

i used the basic disk version

no credit card was used, i paid for a disk

When using the Downloaded/CD version there is no Clear button.   To start over you simply start a new return  and you can delete the file you were working on ... just go to that folder and delete the file. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies