Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gurm33tkaur
Returning Member

I prepared my return and was ready to file and everything disappeared

This is so frustrating. I spent an entire weekend finding and preparing my taxes. I even entered my license info that was required for e-filing. Post that I was asked to check and ensure all forms were up to date. It checked for updates, and said - no updates available. Click ok - and gone. All my info is gone. Spoke to someone at Turbotax, they had no clue what was going on and was asked to redo everything. I asked to escalate - they said there was no one to escalate to. And disconnected my call! How unprofessional can this get!?

Super frustrated, and want some guidance on how I can escalate to get my info back. I had bought the desktop version from Costco and that is not showing up anymore either. 

Anybody have any advice on how I approach this and escalate this to get my info and my subscription back?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Every computer has a unique combination of components, settings, programs, services, and users. This means TurboTax can install and run flawlessly on one computer, but another computer's configuration can cause conflicts when installing, launching, or running TurboTax.

This article troubleshoots the more common causes of installation failures or errors when running TurboTax.

Troubleshooting Tips for Desktop Versions of Turbotax

I hope this helps.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gurm33tkaur
Returning Member

Thanks for your response.

This is a part of my frustration. I don't think there was an attempt made to understand my concern at all. 

I know you have a great knowledge base and you just look for one symptom word, look it up and just share a generic article. no - it does not help at all. 

Please can you read my question and help me with a non-generic response that will help solve my problem?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If I'm understanding correctly, the program is even gone from your computer? Have you tried re-installing it? When you completed your return initially. Did the software have you log into your TurboTax account?

gurm33tkaur
Returning Member

Yes

I prepared all my info, input. Did the check, and clicked on e-file (including state)

I entered all validation info (license no. , dates etc) required for e-filing.

I clicked submit

Turbo tax app prompted me to check for updates

I clicked ok

got a prompt there were no updates available

After that, everything reset (no data). It just takes me to a screen that says Begin 

Yes, I had logged into the online account multiple times through the desktop app multiple times. so they were connected.

Hope this helps clarify

gurm33tkaur
Returning Member

Strangely enough I see some data in the Tax summary and Tax forms

have only included the header to hide personal info below

Taxsummary.png

gurm33tkaur
Returning Member

Can someone please look into this and help?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

kcarrie

This just happened to me! I logged in and found my mostly completed tax return, and entered the last of the information. It gave me the spinning wheel, looking whether there were other deductions I could take, and suddenly, it logged me out. Now when I log back in everything is gone. I'm going to cry if I have to start over!

OMG, do I have to start over?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies