ofprospringer

I paid the $44.95 price out of my federal return. Now it's asking me to pay again to file my state. Why am I having to pay the same fee twice?

SamanthaH

As a Deluxe user, your total price can be found on the products and pricing page here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

But since there are alot of unique cases, here is another article that outlines what some possible charges might be. https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4232989-why-am-i-being-charged-twice-for-the-deluxe-edition

Hope this helps!

je38

Why do i need to pay again for state returnns

je38

This is home and bus user. Why does it go around in circles. I already paid for state viginia stat of cal was free it still billed me again.

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose.  And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state.  You can avoid the $24.99 state e-file fee if you print and mail the state instead of e-filing it.