turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I paid for both the federal and Ca state tax to e-file. Only the federal was approved. The CA one is not allowing me to use e-file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

I paid for both the federal and Ca state tax to e-file. Only the federal was approved. The CA one is not allowing me to use e-file.

You may be able to e-file your California tax return later. There are some forms that are not ready and some are Unsupported. This means if your state return contains an unsupported form you will have to print and mail in your tax return. 

Click here to see what forms are still pending and which are unsupported.

[Edited 01/28/20 | 4:49pm PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Similar issue here. Paid for both Federal and State, but can't e-file state.

Louisiana's Form LA IT-540, Individual Income Tax Return currently shows as "Unsupported" so I can't even print my return cause it sticks "Form not Final" on everything.

So what does Unsupported  mean?  Will it be supported soon or will I not even be able to print my state return?

Thanks.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

When it shows unsupported, that means it's not available for printing just yet. It should, however, be available to e-file. The link provided below can assist you with State forms availability:

State forms availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had the same problem, I had to wait to file my State due to self employment forms not being available. After 5 phone calls I found out they never deducted the filing fees for State which was preventing me from processing my California State once the forms were available. I paid the filing fees and it went through first attempt.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies