I owed money for federal this year, so I went to t...

emily-stolley

I owed money for federal this year, so I went to the IRS website on Tuesday to make the payment for what I owed. On Wednesday, the IRS automatically took out what I owe

How do I either cancel my original payment or request a refund for the money I sent in?
JohnW152

First, verify with your bank or other financial institution that the money has, in fact, been withdrawn twice, and that the withdrawing entity was the IRS.  If only one withdrawal currently appears, you might request that you want any duplicate withdrawal stopped.

If two withdrawals are confirmed, contact the IRS immediately.  You can use the contact information found on the IRS' Let Us Help You page.

emily-stolley

Thank you John!  I will contact the IRS.  I see two withdrawals on my bank statement, so I will call right now.

Thanks for your help!!!