I originally started to e-file my tax return, but ...

I originally started to e-file my tax return, but I stopped and instead filed by mail. Is that okay?

I originally started to e-file my tax return, but I stopped and instead filed by mail.  Do I have to do anything? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

no. as long as you submitted any withholding forms with the return.  if you did not the IRS will send you a letter asking for them. do not send in an "amended" return and do not mail in the forms separately.  wait for the notice.    mailing in the return will delay processing so it might be 2 months or more before you can check its status.      hopefully, you mailed using a service where you get proof of delivery.   

If you filed by mail than it will take longer so just wait.

Hopefully you signed the return and included copies of any W-2 and 1099 that had withholding or the IRS will be send a letter asking for that.