Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I ordered and downloaded Premier and should've done Home and Business. How do I upgrade for the additional $5?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I ordered and downloaded Premier and should've done Home and Business. How do I upgrade for the additional $5?

With the 2017 TurboTax Premier edition opened you must have either have started or continued a 2017 tax return.  In the bottom right corner of the desktop program, click on the link Upgrade TurboTax.  You will only be charged the difference in price between the Premier and Home & Business edition for the upgrade.

Note - All the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions have the same forms and schedules for completing a personal tax return.  Upgrading to a higher edition will give you more help and guidance.  But it will still have the same forms and schedules as the lower editions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

With the 2017 TurboTax Premier edition opened you must have either have started or continued a 2017 tax return.  In the bottom right corner of the desktop program, click on the link Upgrade TurboTax.  You will only be charged the difference in price between the Premier and Home & Business edition for the upgrade.

Note - All the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions have the same forms and schedules for completing a personal tax return.  Upgrading to a higher edition will give you more help and guidance.  But it will still have the same forms and schedules as the lower editions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies