jmarshall0430

I never completed my 2017 taxes. Can I still complete them using turbo tax although I know I can't efile them.

I want to turbo tax to use the automated system to review to make sure everything looks good before I file.

Online tax preparation and e-filing for 2017 returns is now permanently closed.  You had until midnight on Monday, October 15 to finish and attempt to e-file; if your e-file was rejected you had until 3 a.m. Pacific time on October 21 to make corrections and re-file. Now it is too late to e-file. If you have any changes/corrections at all to make to your 2017 return, you now have to complete it using desktop software, which you must download to a full PC or Mac  (not to a mobile device).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...

If you already paid for your online software you can ask customer support for a download of the desktop software.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday Pacific time. 

When you complete your 2017 return, it has to be filed by mail.  When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS and/or your state received the return.

If you are getting a refund, there is not a penalty for filing past the deadline.  If you owe taxes, the interest/penalties will be calculated by the IRS based on how much you owe and when they receive your return and payment. The IRS will bill you for this; it will not be calculated by TurboTax.