jab2hook32

I need to file another return on my account

I need to file another tax return
mesquitebean

@ jab2hook32  wrote:  "I need to file another return on my account."

That can be interpreted a couple of different ways, and you provided no context.

Do you mean you want to prepare a return for another person?  i.e., someone else?   You cannot file another return for yourself.  So I assume you are asking about another person.

You cannot use the same account for a second return; i.e., for the other person.  If you try to prepare a second return in the same account, it will overwrite your original return and make it unrecoverable.

The second return (for the other person) would need to be prepared in a separate account (separate User ID).   You can use the same email address for notification purposes in up to 5 accounts, but each User ID has to be unique.

FAQ:  How do I start another return in Online TurboTax?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-onli...

mesquitebean

@ jab2hook32 

Or did you use the wrong terminology and instead of needing to file another "return," do you mean you already efiled your tax return but omitted something, and now are asking to add another form such as another W-2 or 1099 you received to your already-efiled return?  i.e., do you need to correct a return you already-filed?

You should probably explain in more detail what you mean by "file another return" so we know what you have already done and what you are wanting to do.

Jacobalandman1

I forgot to file my other tax return for 2021 from another job

You mean like another W2?  That is not a tax return.  Was you first tax return filed and Accepted?  You have to file all your income on the same tax return.

If your return rejects for something you can fix it and resend it.  If it is accepted you will have to amend.  So don't change your return until you know.

You should not amend until the first return has fully processed and you get the first refund or your tax due payment has cleared.  

How to Amend

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

Jacobalandman1

I already got the first one and I need file another one 

file a return for my brother

can i fill another return for someone else?

DianeW777

It depends.  If you are using TurboTax Online then you must create a new account for another return.  Do not attempt to enter information for someone else or you will lose your tax return data.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download version you can add an additional 5 returns for e-file and other returns to file by mail.

Online is only good for 1 return per account.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version

The Desktop CD/Download program can do unlimited returns.