turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to file 15 year old w2 to get my recent w2 cause they were the same company whatabuger but domt know what to do so i can file last year and be ready for this year

Please help and ill need to get info or what call corporate or the store i use to work for
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I need to file 15 year old w2 to get my recent w2 cause they were the same company whatabuger but domt know what to do so i can file last year and be ready for this year

Not sure what you are trying to do.   You cannot "file a 15 year old W-2" for a tax refund.   You are too late to receive a refund for any tax year earlier than 2017 ( and even that is very iffy).   

If you have a W-2 for 2020 you can put it on a 2020 tax return -- or if you are now working for an employer who will issue a W-2 in January for 2021 you will put that on a 2021 tax return next year.

W-2's come from your employer.   If you worked in 2020 and did not receive your W-2 then contact the employer to ask for another copy.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

15 year old W2?  Or a 2015 W2 or a W2 for a 15 year old child?

Oh----do you mean you have a teenager who worked for the same employer you worked for?   You do not put your child's income on your own tax return.   The teenager can file his own tax return if there is an amount in box 2 of his W-2 in order to get a tax refund.  He has to say in My Info that he can be claimed as someone else's dependent.

But if you are the one who needs to file a tax return, you need to get your W-2 from the employer.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

only the Social security Admin would have a copy of a 15-year-old w-2. as stated if you want it so you can get a refund form that year you're too late. if you need it for some other purpose see this link

https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02501 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies