• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark06825

I need to file 10 returns for friends and family. If I purchase 2 turbotax CD's, can I e file 5 from each CD? Can I associate a different email address with each CD?

5 Replies
Critter
Level 15

I need to file 10 returns for friends and family. If I purchase 2 turbotax CD's, can I e file 5 from each CD? Can I associate a different email address with each CD?

No that will not work ... you can only use one CD but you can prepare an unlimited number of returns but you can only efile 5.  You can either mail in  the simple kid returns or use the FREE online version for them as the federal & state returns are absolutely free for a couple more weeks. 

DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Technically, your plan would work if you installed the software on 2 different PCs and registered each product with a different TurboTax account.  However, for the price of 5 stamps, I would agree with the above that e-filing 5 returns and mailing the other 5 is a more convenient option.  

fanfare
Level 15

it would not work if the PCs were in the same household.
But, no one would buy two copies; Turbotax does not use an activation code.
VolvoGirl
Level 15

It might check with the IP address, not just the email address.
tdattomo
Level 2

I wonder, does it look at the computer, or the head router to check the IP address?  I have the same issue, I help people at church and so I end up printing, driving over, they don't have the money so I mail (which by the way is not one stamp) and so it ends up a huge hastle.  

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v