turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to do my 17 year old daughter's taxes separately

I ended up having another person do our Joint taxes (they used Turbotax of course!) But now I want to help my 17 year old Daughter file. Can I figure out  her return on my account or do I set up a separate account for her?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

You will need to set her return up separately. Separate username and password but you can use the same email.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

You will need to set her return up separately. Separate username and password but you can use the same email.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MariaC

You will have to set up a separate account for her (you can use the same email on up to 5 accounts but will have to have different user ID's). Keep in mind that the Federal Free no longer includes a free state, but we do have another program (that is completely free) she will probably qualify for. She will only have to meet one requirement:

To qualify for free 2016 federal and state tax returns in Freedom Edition, you'll need to meet at least one of these requirements:

A maximum 2016 adjusted gross income (AGI) of $33,000
    You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
    You served as active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a maximum 2016 AGI of $64,000 (you'll also need a military-issued W-2).

See this TurboTax support FAQ on the Freedom edition - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900583-what-is-turbotax-freedom-edition

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the difference between the Freedom edition and the Free edition - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2572617-what-s-the-difference-between-freedom-edition-and-federal-...
And see this TurboTax support FAQ on how to switch to the Freedom edition - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2026912-how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-freedom-editio
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies