Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to add a stimulus payment before I mail. I have printed it. I can't figure out how to correct this before I mail it

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I need to add a stimulus payment before I mail. I have printed it. I can't figure out how to correct this before I mail it

You need to add an amount to line 30 for the Recovery Rebate Credit?  Or enter the 3rd Stimulus payment that you received last year?  Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more. 

To change a return If you haven't mailed or efiled yet, see

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-want-to-change-a-return-i-ve-printed-but-haven-t...

If you haven't efiled or mailed your return or it rejected you can go back in to finish and change anything you want.  Do not click on Amend!

Click on Add a State to let you back into your return.

From Tax Home (the first screen you see after you sign in), scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. You may have to select Show to open the drop down.

Select 2021, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this is just the workaround).

Why are you mailing?  Why can't you efile?  When you are ready to file you can try to switch to efile.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

if you are missing the 3rd  stimulus payment. It should AUTOMATICALLY be reflected on Line 30 of form 1040 based on the way you answered the interview questions in Turbo Tax….  

also try to e-file … paper filing will take 6-9 months to process!!! The IRS is woefully backlogged 

The problem, how do I add it

@crickets20003 wrote:

The problem, how do I add it

To enter the 3rd stimulus payment you received in 2021, click on Federal on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Other Tax Situations at the top of the program screen.  Scroll down and click on Let's Keep Going.  On the next screen, Federal Review, you will be asked about the stimulus you received

@crickets20003 - go to the federal update section and it will ask how much you received for the 3rd stimulus…. If you answer Zero, then what you are due will appear on Line 30 of Form 1040 

i k ow ot sounds backwards but that is how you “add it” 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies