Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

hpulecio

I need help with Filing a 8962 PTC Form and attach a 1095-A

alredy did the 2019 tax return, but I got letter fron IRS asking for copy of the 1095-A and 8962 form. can you plesase help me with that? 

@hpulecio wrote:

alredy did the 2019 tax return, but I got letter fron IRS asking for copy of the 1095-A and 8962 form. can you plesase help me with that? 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

I need to file PTC for both my sons need a step by step guide. U

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

You can add Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, to your taxes by going to:

1. While signed in and working in TurboTax Online 2019, click on Federal in the black menu on left.
  2. Click on Deduction and Credits in the upper portion of the page.
  3. Scroll down and click on Medical, Show More.
  4. Click on the Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A).

Entering your Form 1095-A and answering the questions in this area will produce a Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, in your tax return. If your sons are grown and filing their own tax returns, you will need to check the box that says either I shared this policy with a taxpayer that is not on this return or I have at least one dependent who is filing a separate return. For allocation of the policy amounts, you can allocate them anyway as long as it all adds up to 100 percent.  It can be 33/33/34 or 100/0/0 or anything. If you are taking the full deduction, you can take 100 percent on your return and put 0 on your sons' return.

@erin2019tax 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I sent back the completed 8962 form and the other form they requested (1095A). It says my refund changed by $600. I did not see that I should send back the 2nd page of the 1040 and they said not to send anything back that they did not request. Will I get my refund or will they send another request? My refund tracker is now saying error when I put in my original refund and when I subtract $600.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, your refund more than likely changed when you provided your 1095-A information and Form 8962.  You were correct in only sending the forms and information that you were asked to provide.  The IRS will only ask for additional information if it is required which is unlikely if you provided the information they requested.  Due to the change in your refund amount the refund tracker will not work correctly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cmacclel

Yup this IS BS. Turbo Tax did not due it's job causing the IRS to request a 8962 form from me. I faxed the IRS the requested from back on 11/4 and they still have not processed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And NOW I WON'T get a stimulus payment because of it!  

@cmacclel wrote:

Yup this IS BS. Turbo Tax did not due it's job causing the IRS to request a 8962 form from me. I faxed the IRS the requested from back on 11/4 and they still have not processed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And NOW I WON'T get a stimulus payment because of it!  

The stimulus questions are asked in the Federal Review section of the TurboTax program.  Any payment you were eligible to receive based on the 2020 Federal tax return but did not receive will be entered on the Federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30 as a tax credit.  The credit is included in the federal tax refund or it will reduce the amount of federal taxes owed.

Hello turbo tax didn’t add my form8962 to my 2019 taxes which cause the irs to kick back my refund. I waited month to get a letter from them. And month to speak to a representative because of the corona virus, and when I spoke to them they said everything looked good, after I had to mail in my 8962. Fast forward to two month ago I had to get an irs advocate who never replied to my emails or phone called and then I got another letter saying instead of getting a refund I owe $641. This took over one year to find out and I never got the second or third stimulus check cause they didn’t have a 2019 tax return on file for me cause it took the irs so long to process it. Not I’m stuck and broke 

cmacclel

Yup same here and the IRS still has not processed my 2019 taxes and I sent them the missing 8962 back in November. I also have not gotten the 2nd and 3rd Stimulus because of this. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies