gamcglasson

I mistakenly have turbotax self employed, i needed turbotax deluxe. How do I switch it?

Coleen3

1. If you haven't already done so, sign in at TurboTax.com and select the blue Take me to my return button.
  2. On the welcome back screen, in the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then select Clear & Start Over (click or tap the 3 lines in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
  3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.
  4. After your entries have been cleared out, we'll prompt you to select a TurboTax product so you can start over from the very beginning.
  1. If you're signed in under last year's login, we'll automatically transfer last year's info over if you select the PLUS upgrade, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed. Federal Free Edition (without PLUS) does not include the year-over-year transfer feature.

If you can't Clear & Start Over after you've registered, and it's convenient, consider opening a new account under a new username. Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.