Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

I made a mistake.

So i made an accidental mistake and put in the wrong account number for my direct deposit how can i change this?

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

I made a mistake.

Have you already submitted your tax return? If you have... wait. If the return is rejected for some reason, you can make a correction. If the return is accepted,  you can't make any changes to your return or direct deposit information once the tax return has been filed.  If the information you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check.  If the deposit goes to someone else that actually has the account number you entered, you  must work directly with the respective financial institution to recover your funds.

Please read here for more details.