nick92703

I made a 2,000 dollar payment on Federal Balance due in 2022. Is this payment reported anywhere in my 2022 tax return?

Was it a tax due payment for your 2021 return?  Then no.  You only enter any state tax payments you made in 2022.  They can be a federal itemized deduction if you don't take the Standard Deduction.

TomD8

If this was an estimated payment toward your 2022 taxes due, then you must enter it in the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section of Deductions and Credits when you do your 2022 tax return.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Was the $2000 payment  made before or after you filed the 2022 return ?   Was it a payment with a filed extension ?   Was it an estimated tax payment ?   Or was it a payment for some of the balance due on the filed 2022 return ?

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing