Solved: I'm working on 2016 taxes and I can't get Turbotax to bring over my ItsDeductible. I have different User IDs for Turbotax and ItsDeductible. Says user not found, Why?

I'm working on 2016 taxes and I can't get Turbotax to bring over my ItsDeductible. I have different User IDs for Turbotax and ItsDeductible. Says user not found, Why?

Note for Online Software Users: 

IF your ItsDeductible account has a UserID that is differnet from the UserID you are using for your tax account, then, when you attempt to download your ItsDeductible data , it will either

... a) not find an account, or

.... b)...perhaps open the ITsDeductible file that does have the same UserID, but it's not the one that you used to store your 2016 data in.

______________________________

While the early releases of the software appeared to indicate that you can import ItsDeductible data from an account with a different UserID, that option is currently not working and may not be allowed this year. 

Going forward, should you decide to continue to use ItsDeductible, I would encourage you to only record your ItsDeductible donations in an account that has the same UserID as your tax account. 

Unfortunately, this is going to cause you extra manual entry work this year, putting your donations directly into the tax software, unless you want to wait a month or two to see if TTX developers or management decide to change it.....no promises that they will.

(Desktop software users do not have this limitation)

Note for Online Software Users: 

... a) not find an account, or

______________________________

I just spent an hour with a customer service rep and there is no work around for this problem. Why did they change it??? Please fix this Intuit!!!! SO MUCH work to have to redo if you don't!

I just wasted an hour and a half with tech support pleading with them to allow me to update my user id and password on my ItsDeductible login to match my TurboTax Premier 2016 user id/password.  Why would Intuit release new software without testing it or communicating a work around?  Using this software for 10 years and am very disappointed.

My thoughts exactly!

My problem as well! Come on Intuit, this is not fair to loyal customers.

Turbotax and It's Deductible started out as separate programs, so of course many people -- especially those who are security minded -- would have distinct usernames for each. Still, importing from one to the other, even with distinct usernames, worked up until last year. Now it doesn't.  I suppose Intuit has it's reasons for changing this behavior. But couldn't they have warned us in advance so we wouldn't have wasted our time entering our donations into an incompatible account?

It's particularly disappointing that Intuit would hamstring people for being charitable.

Intuit has put themselves in a liability mode here by removing the access to Its Deductible by its customers...it was not even designed by them...real bad situation.  Possible class action lawsuit potential here.