I'm trying to efile. I have TurboTax Deluxe that I purchased already. TurboTax is asking for payment for $44.99 for Premium service. What is that?

That is to have the state efile fee 24.99 deducted from your federal refund. In California you have to add Premium for 44.99.  Or you can pay with a credit card to avoid the extra charge.  Or you can print and mail state for free.  Go back through the File Tab and read the screens slowly and watch what you click on.  See screen shot.  It says 39.99 but in California it will be 44.99.

Thanks! It helps. I will submit State Tax by mail.