turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099 misc income

state 1099 misc

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

1099 misc income

What is your question?

1099 misc income

Thank you - I paid both Fed, State my question is on HI GET Tax???

1099 misc income

TT is an income tax program. It does not support the General Excise Tax forms..

1099 misc income

Thank you for being repetitive and after the fact!  See the far more detailed answer provided some 15 minutes before you got here.
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.

1099 misc income

Sorry, I didn't read al the way down.

1099 misc income

Hawaii "Get" Tax [General Excise Tax] has nothing to do with Income Tax.  GET is a form of general business use tax imposed on businesses and has no connection to IRS Form 1099-MISC.

See this: http://files.hawaii.gov/tax/legal/brochures/general_excise.pdf
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.

1099 misc income

I'm sorry, but that is not an income tax matter and is Hawaii specific to a business operation there. It is very unlikely you will obtain any informative or even correct information here as this is not a forum for your topic.  From what I can gather, there is a cottage industry of GET tax consultants in Hawaii who advertise their services.

None of the volunteer SuperUsers are resident in Hawaii and I am not aware that Intuit maintains any expertise on your subject, and certainly not within their TurboTax crowd.

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time

1099 misc income

If you will be receiving a Form 1099-MISC and if it shows income in Box 7 - for Non-Employee Compensation, such as for an Independent Contractor, you will need to report that to Federal as well as state Income Tax.

If this is the case, 1099-MISC Box 7, then you will need to file a Schedule C and Schedule SE.  Either use any version of the Desktop Software product Deluxe-Premier-Home&Business, or if online, Premier or Self-Employed, as the online Deluxe Schedule C support is very limited.

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time

1099 misc income

@laura_lafemina It seems you have confused Federal Income Tax with Hawaii's General Excise Tax on Businesses.  See answer below.

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time

1099 misc income

Thanks - no I understand about fed/state I'm good there , I am looking for help specific to HI GET tax,  I'm not sure if I need to get a GET license and pay GET tax for my 1099 income.

1099 misc income

@laura_lafemina See answer below

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies