lowerygina

I’m not working, haven’t worked the whole the year of 2021. I’m collecting workers comp. I’m technically still an employee, do I need to collect a W2 before filing?

If you did not work for an employer in 2021 then you will not be getting a W-2.   Workers compensation is not taxable so you do not enter it on a tax return.   Did you receive any other income from any other source in 2021?   If you did not receive the 3rd stimulus check you can get it as a recovery rebate credit on a 2021 return;   If you have dependent children you can get the child tax credit on a 2021 tax return.

lowerygina

Thank you!!!