turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I deal with this message: "Developer tools access needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Enter your password to allow this"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
fortlip

How do I deal with this message: "Developer tools access needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Enter your password to allow this"?

Workaround - do not use the "Guide Me" option. Use the "I'll choose what I will work on" instead.

You can use the "Visit All" for each category (which is the same as Guide Me) except investments (where the bug is).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
fortlip

Workaround - do not use the "Guide Me" option. Use the "I'll choose what I will work on" instead.

You can use the "Visit All" for each category (which is the same as Guide Me) except investments (where the bug is).

I'm going to try that now. Will report back if it doesn't work. All quiet = all solved! Many thanks for the idea, fortlip.

I am getting this same message every time I try to finish up my efile When i enter my password the program just freezes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies