turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Pork1

I'm being asked "are line 2h, lines 2k through 2t, and line 3 of your 2019 federal Form 6251 blank?" I do not see those lines on my 2019 Form 6251. Help, please?

It has to do with paying Minnesota Alternative Minimum Tax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
PatGus

I'm being asked "are line 2h, lines 2k through 2t, and line 3 of your 2019 federal Form 6251 blank?" I do not see those lines on my 2019 Form 6251. Help, please?

I'm being asked the same question.  I did not have a federal form 6251 in 2019.  I also didn't file a M1MT form or have to pay MN alternative minimum taxes last year.

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

If you do not have Form 6251, Alternative Minimum Tax, then you would answer yes to those lines being blank when prompted on your Minnesota return. 

The Minnesota Department of Revenue determines if you owe AMT by comparing your “regular income” (normal tax calculation) to your “AMT income” (normal tax calculation with certain deductions added back). Minnesota compares your tax on your regular income and AMT income using Schedule M1MT, Alternative Minimum Tax. You must pay whichever tax amount is higher. In your case, you have no AMT and the normal tax calculation should be applied. 

@Pork1 

@PatGus

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies