Solved: I live in GA, but still have a mortgage on the 1st home I bought in a different state. I don't see in TT where to list the state it's located. Do I not have to list it?

lora2017taxes

I live in GA, but still have a mortgage on the 1st home I bought in a different state. I don't see in TT where to list the state it's located. Do I not have to list it?

If does not matter where the home is located when deducting the mortgage interest on the federal tax return.

For the Georgia tax return only the Federal Adjusted Gross Income is used for the Georgia income.  If your itemized deductions were greater than the standard deduction on the federal tax return, then the itemized deductions will be used on the Georgia tax return.  Otherwise only the Georgia standard deduction will be used on the Georgia tax return.