I literally just filed moments ago and the turbo t...

jenniferdaneri

I literally just filed moments ago and the turbo tax software is reflecting my return being rejected,is this possible? I'm confused? I thought everything was done right.

mesquitebean

How long is "moments ago?"   If it was real quick after transmitting the efile, it might be an "internal rejection"; i.e., a rejection from TurboTax and not from the IRS.   It IS possible, however, to have an IRS acceptance/rejection within minutes, but that is not the usual case.

You said TurboTax software.  Please clarify if you mean Online TurboTax or the desktop software (CD/download).

If Online TurboTax, when you log in and look at the Tax Home, is it showing a status of "rejected?"  Is there any message?

Have you received any rejection notice in your email with a rejection error code?

Julesff

The return did not transmit to the IRS Turbotax displayed a message that the reurn will not go to the IRS unless the program is updated.

SForrestLO

You can update and transmit your return. Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows updating issues 

Troubleshooting Windows Update

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Manual Update