Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I literally just filed moments ago and the turbo tax software is reflecting my return being rejected,is this possible? I'm confused? I thought everything was done right.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I literally just filed moments ago and the turbo tax software is reflecting my return being rejected,is this possible? I'm confused? I thought everything was done right.

How long is "moments ago?"   If it was real quick after transmitting the efile, it might be an "internal rejection"; i.e., a rejection from TurboTax and not from the IRS.   It IS possible, however, to have an IRS acceptance/rejection within minutes, but that is not the usual case.

You said TurboTax software.  Please clarify if you mean Online TurboTax or the desktop software (CD/download).

If Online TurboTax, when you log in and look at the Tax Home, is it showing a status of "rejected?"  Is there any message?

Have you received any rejection notice in your email with a rejection error code?

Julesff

The return did not transmit to the IRS Turbotax displayed a message that the reurn will not go to the IRS unless the program is updated.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You can update and transmit your return. Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows updating issues 

Troubleshooting Windows Update

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Manual Update

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies