Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

349 Replies

My taxes have been rejected saying the AGI doesnt match. but the AGI im entering is the same number i received from the IRS transcript...HELP!!!!

I am getting this same thing.

it states spouses AGI is incorrect, but it is the same as the primary persons filed for 2017
dom102nd

I am getting the same thing.  Not sure why.  I double checked my return and the numbers should work.

same

Me too.  

same for me.  I know the AGI is correct. Would appreciate help from TurboTax
dom102nd

I thought the IRS was wrong because I was looking at my filed return. However when I went to the IRS website it turned out my transcript was a little different based on there calculations.

I just entered 0 and the return was accepted.  I have never had this issue before.

My return was rejected due to the AGI not matching my return from last year with the IRS! I put in my AGI number which I thought was correct a couple times bc it was on my last years return I had filed!!  So I went to my tax place from last year and got a copy of my return, and it was a different number then I had! Just a tad off!! so now I have the correct agi number and I can’t enter it cause turbo tax won’t let me??? bc I tried to many times? What Can I do to enter it now that I have the correct Agi number?? Cause it won’t let me??

I just had this same issue, got the transcripts, and were identical to what I was entering for the spouse, but entered 0 as well and it was also accepted.  I had never had this problem before.

The kicker is I am not now and never was married. I suspect something has gone on at the IRS to make adjustments as of FY2017. Maybe, they decided that ACA marketplace insurance counts as part of AGI, which worries me greatly.

I am getting the same message intuit - on my return and my adult son is as well.  Seems to be a glitch with turbotax and I'm not happy.  I would like a refund on my e-file fee
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If the IRS rejected your return because they stated you submitted an incorrect AGI and you are sure you entered a correct one you can mail in a paper return.  Please scroll down about halfway for instructions:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5595742

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm running into this now, and so far, I "think" the IRS amended my return without notifying me. I've asked for a transcript of the return in question, and I'll get that within five to ten days of the time stamp on this reply.

So, we'll see what happens.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies