turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit NO when it asked if I wanted to file a renter's rebate claim. But at the end, it still is asking me to enter information on form PR-141. How do I get rid of it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

I hit NO when it asked if I wanted to file a renter's rebate claim. But at the end, it still is asking me to enter information on form PR-141. How do I get rid of it?

To delete VT PR-141, Renter Rebate Claim follow the steps below:

1.While in your return, click My Account 

2.Click on Tools.

3.Under "Other helpful links" click on Delete a form. 

4.Click Delete next to the appropriate form (VT PR-141)and follow the onscreen instructions. 

5.Once you have finished deleting the desired form click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

Keep in mind that, if you go through your VT return again, answer NO on the Renter Rebate Claim screen to keep the form from generating again.

Please note that you may need to delete all information related to this form in TurboTax system before the form will delete. So you may need to go back under the section, if any information or amounts are entered, and delete all these entries first.

"TurboTaxTRRamonT TurboTax Product Support"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

To delete VT PR-141, Renter Rebate Claim follow the steps below:

1.While in your return, click My Account 

2.Click on Tools.

3.Under "Other helpful links" click on Delete a form. 

4.Click Delete next to the appropriate form (VT PR-141)and follow the onscreen instructions. 

5.Once you have finished deleting the desired form click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

Keep in mind that, if you go through your VT return again, answer NO on the Renter Rebate Claim screen to keep the form from generating again.

Please note that you may need to delete all information related to this form in TurboTax system before the form will delete. So you may need to go back under the section, if any information or amounts are entered, and delete all these entries first.

"TurboTaxTRRamonT TurboTax Product Support"

fjestice

This happened to me. PR-141 still popped up after I deleted it. I figured out because I answered the question "Do you rent, own , or neither?" with "rent", it automatically populates the form. I erased the form as above, and then went back and answered "neither", it doesn't pop up any more. It doesn't change anything about your state taxes if you state "neither", it just doesn't populate the renter's rebate form again. (I checked it thoroughly). Good luck!
Chaput

Thank you so much! Huge help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies