turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tpgettys

Turbox Tax 2017 doesn't install. I get to the "We're ready to install Turbo Tax!" screen but it doesn't install.

Windows 10 Home for me, but same problem with install.  Changing the compatibility mode to Windows 8 seems to have worked, but it would be nice if Intuit would've tested this very common configuration (and then fixed the problem).

Turbox Tax 2017 doesn't install. I get to the "We're ready to install Turbo Tax!" screen but it doesn't install.

I have no idea what version of Windows 10 I have. Can't you folks create a program that would install so we shouldn't have to play these games? From what I can tell, I can't open in Windows 8 mode wherever that is located. This is a total waste of my time.
jesse112

I changed the compatibility as well from windows 10 to windows 8 by right clicking on the exe file, choosing properties and then compatibility tab. It worked and the program installed.

I still can't get Turbo Tax 2017 to install.  I am using Windows 10 (it doesn't say Home Or Pro.....after it) I've used Turbo Tax for several years and would hate to think I wasted my money buying something that doesn't even work.!!!!
alybobwah

I just had this same issue.  I am on windows 10 pro.  I did as the person above mentioned and right clicked on the download file, chose properties, and changed my compatibility mode to 8 and it worked.
hedyscott

Why won't Windows 10 take the TurboTax 2017?  I have been using Widows 7 in the past with no problems.  Are you going to send me my money that I used to buy  the Turbo Tax 2017?
mmuravin

I still can't get Turbo Tax Deluxe 2017 to install. I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have changed compatibility mode to Windows 8 and still no success.
artithaca

Same problem. I have Windows 10 Home edition. I am installing it now using Windows 8 compatibility mode and that appears to work. But why should I have to go through all this!! Please don’t let this happen again!

How do I get to Windows compatibility mode?
artpearce

I got there by right clicking on the TurboTax setup file and then choosing to run in Windows 8. It worked.
artpearce

As stated below: "Rt-click on the installation file ,Under file properties, I changed the comparability mode to Windows 8.  It installed right away, and seems to be working ok."

Thanks so much, it did work.

I have windows 10 home.  There isn't a compatibility tab when I right click on the turbo tax file.

Nor is it giving me the option to run as an administrator
candice2

I have Windows 10 pro, tried running in Windows 8 capability mode, but that didn't work for me.  I haven't been able to get any fixes so far to work.  For me, it just saying preparing for installation and remains at 0% and eventually i get a message that says it failed to install, i receive error 1719. I receive a prompt to test and then get a message that my operating system doesn't meet min requirements that i need windows 7 or higher.  But obviously I have 10
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies