Turbox Tax 2017 doesn't install. I get to the "We're ready to install Turbo Tax!" screen but it doesn't install.

Windows 10 Home for me, but same problem with install.  Changing the compatibility mode to Windows 8 seems to have worked, but it would be nice if Intuit would've tested this very common configuration (and then fixed the problem).

I have no idea what version of Windows 10 I have. Can't you folks create a program that would install so we shouldn't have to play these games? From what I can tell, I can't open in Windows 8 mode wherever that is located. This is a total waste of my time.

I changed the compatibility as well from windows 10 to windows 8 by right clicking on the exe file, choosing properties and then compatibility tab. It worked and the program installed.

I still can't get Turbo Tax 2017 to install.  I am using Windows 10 (it doesn't say Home Or Pro.....after it) I've used Turbo Tax for several years and would hate to think I wasted my money buying something that doesn't even work.!!!!

I just had this same issue.  I am on windows 10 pro.  I did as the person above mentioned and right clicked on the download file, chose properties, and changed my compatibility mode to 8 and it worked.

Why won't Windows 10 take the TurboTax 2017?  I have been using Widows 7 in the past with no problems.  Are you going to send me my money that I used to buy  the Turbo Tax 2017?

I still can't get Turbo Tax Deluxe 2017 to install. I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have changed compatibility mode to Windows 8 and still no success.

Same problem. I have Windows 10 Home edition. I am installing it now using Windows 8 compatibility mode and that appears to work. But why should I have to go through all this!! Please don’t let this happen again!

How do I get to Windows compatibility mode?

I got there by right clicking on the TurboTax setup file and then choosing to run in Windows 8. It worked.

As stated below: "Rt-click on the installation file ,Under file properties, I changed the comparability mode to Windows 8.  It installed right away, and seems to be working ok."

Thanks so much, it did work.

I have windows 10 home.  There isn't a compatibility tab when I right click on the turbo tax file.

Nor is it giving me the option to run as an administrator

I have Windows 10 pro, tried running in Windows 8 capability mode, but that didn't work for me.  I haven't been able to get any fixes so far to work.  For me, it just saying preparing for installation and remains at 0% and eventually i get a message that says it failed to install, i receive error 1719. I receive a prompt to test and then get a message that my operating system doesn't meet min requirements that i need windows 7 or higher.  But obviously I have 10