turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tanya888

Can I file my taxes with an Estimated K1?

I have an estimated K1 and will not receive the final until September. I am due a substantial refund so I was curious if I could file now and amend in September when I receive the final K1?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

You do have the option to go ahead and file, then amend when you receive your K-1. You could also file an extension which is favorable if there is any amount due (or if there will be an amount due when you file your K-1).

Please comment back if I can be of more help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MollsBBU

You do have the option to go ahead and file, then amend when you receive your K-1. You could also file an extension which is favorable if there is any amount due (or if there will be an amount due when you file your K-1).

Please comment back if I can be of more help.

I have filed my return already for 2016. in 2017 I got 5k for income generated at the end of 2016 (trust began in dec 2016).  I don't have a K1 and the trust is filing an extension. can I amend and add an 8082 Form? where would I put the income in TT if I don't actually have the K1? Thank you!!

I have filed my return already for 2016. in 2017 I got 5k for income generated at the end of 2016 (trust began in dec 2016).  I don't have a K1 and the trust is filing an extension. can I amend and add an 8082 Form? where would I put the income in TT if I don't actually have the K1? Thank you!!

MollsBBU

@jocelynpellegrin please post a new thread for your question here: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new</a>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies