Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ruy747

I have both an original W2 and the same exact electronically produced W2 which states "Reissued Statement". Which do I submit to IRS?

I had not received the physical W2 in the mail yet (it was mailed out on Jan 31, 2019) so I logged into the employer's website to view my W2 electronically (employer provides both options) so that I could do my taxes but when I clicked on my employer's website to view my W2, the W2 pdf document that was produced to me had "REISSUED STATEMENT" printed on it. 

There were NO corrections made. It was not a W2C. 

I did not receive any other physical W2 from this employer. The physical W2 does NOT have the "REISSUED STATEMENT" phrase printed on it.

Comparing to my physical and original W2 which I received in the mail later, both the original (physical) W2 and the electronic pdf document produced W2 are exactly the same (same values in the same boxes) except for the fact that the electronic, pdf W2 has the "REISSUED STATEMENT" phrase printed on it.

Does it matter which W2 do I provide to the IRS? 

I am filing by mail, so which W2 should I send? Which W2 is expected by the IRS?

Would my employer have refurnished the IRS with the "REISSUED STATEMENT" W2 to the IRS? (I read that the IRS does not require the employer to print that phrase on electronically provided W2s and that the IRS instructs the employer not to resend Copy A of the REISSUED STATEMENT W2 to the SSA).

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I have both an original W2 and the same exact electronically produced W2 which states "Reissued Statement". Which do I submit to IRS?

Use the reissued statement.  It probably doesn't matter--the IRS cares more about the numbers on the form.  But since there is a reissued form, you might as well use it!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ruy747

Will I have to submit any statement explaining why it was reissued?
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

No - no statement required.  IRS just cares about the numbers. 🙂
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies