Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have another W2 to enter, but it says I've already finished that part, so how can I enter in my other W2?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

I have another W2 to enter, but it says I've already finished that part, so how can I enter in my other W2?

To add an additional W-2, please follow the steps below:

1. Login to your TurboTax Account

2. Click Continue Your Return

3. Click Personal Income

4. Click Update on Wages and Salaries

5. Answer yes to Do You Have Another W2 to enter

6. You will get to a screen that says 'Here's Your W-2 info, under the summary section you should see in blue 'Add Another W-2'

7. Enter in your W-2 information

Note: Four tax tips that can help when filing for multiple jobs.

Tip #1: You may find you owe more than you thought, so to be on the safe side, it’s always good to put a little extra money aside to prepare. The taxes withheld from your paycheck may be based on income for only one job and don’t take into account income from other sources.

Tip #2: Taking on a second job may bump you up to a higher tax bracket, so be aware of how your multiple jobs affect you.

Tip #3: The W-4 form you fill out at a new job determines how much will be withheld from your paycheck for taxes. This includes a section for people with multiple jobs, so your extra income can be calculated into your tax rate. Fill that part out!

Tip #4: If your job situation changes, ask your payroll department for a new W-4 form, or you can get one yourself from the IRS website.

For more tips and information that can help you get your taxes done smarter, visit TurboTax.com.

RZ41
Returning Member

How do I add another W2 if I already submitted?

You already filed your return?  You need to amend to add or change anything.

You should not amend until the first return has fully processed and you get the first refund or your tax due payment has cleared.  

How to Amend

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies