turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

frostybluegreen
Returning Member

I have always payed Turbo Tax with my Israeli credit card with no problem whatsoever. Why will you not accept it now?

I do not have a US credit card, but I have a US bank account. Is there a way I can transfer you the money?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GeoffreyG

I have always payed Turbo Tax with my Israeli credit card with no problem whatsoever. Why will you not accept it now?

Hello, and thank you for your inquiry.  We apologize about this policy change, and how it impacts valued returning customers such as yourself.  Although I do not work in the TurboTax billing department myself, and am instead a tax expert, my understanding is that this policy was instituted as a result of both a significant increase in credit card fraud originating from non-US accounts, as well as in agreement with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as part of an effort to reduce identity fraud and taxpayer refund theft from certain criminal elements operating outside of the US borders.

Of course, such a wide anti-fraud program catches many innocent people as well (such as presumably yourself), and for that we are sorry.  That said, there are still some options for you to use TurboTax.

If you have a major credit card with a United States billing address, then you can purchase TurboTax (Deluxe, Premier or any other version) either as a direct software download, or by using the internet version over our website.  Unfortunately, at this time, however, we cannot accept credit cards with non-US billing addresses. 

Another viable solution that we might suggest would be for you to purchase TurboTax software from a different vendor (one of our authorized retail partners like Amazon.com, for instance) and rather than ordering a software download (which may be also limited to US customers only), you could purchase the program on CD-ROM disc.

It is the very same tax software code, however you obtain it, we absolutely guarantee that.  Amazon.com also does sell to Israeli buyers, and they do ship to Israel (we checked), even though they have no domestic presence in the country.  Here are links to some more information on that option:

https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Center-Software/b?ie=UTF8&node=3003491

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596198

This might be a reasonable way for you to obtain the software you want, if you do not have a US-based credit card.

We regret the inconvenience to our many legitimate international customers; and again we thank you for thinking of TurboTax.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GeoffreyG

Hello, and thank you for your inquiry.  We apologize about this policy change, and how it impacts valued returning customers such as yourself.  Although I do not work in the TurboTax billing department myself, and am instead a tax expert, my understanding is that this policy was instituted as a result of both a significant increase in credit card fraud originating from non-US accounts, as well as in agreement with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as part of an effort to reduce identity fraud and taxpayer refund theft from certain criminal elements operating outside of the US borders.

Of course, such a wide anti-fraud program catches many innocent people as well (such as presumably yourself), and for that we are sorry.  That said, there are still some options for you to use TurboTax.

If you have a major credit card with a United States billing address, then you can purchase TurboTax (Deluxe, Premier or any other version) either as a direct software download, or by using the internet version over our website.  Unfortunately, at this time, however, we cannot accept credit cards with non-US billing addresses. 

Another viable solution that we might suggest would be for you to purchase TurboTax software from a different vendor (one of our authorized retail partners like Amazon.com, for instance) and rather than ordering a software download (which may be also limited to US customers only), you could purchase the program on CD-ROM disc.

It is the very same tax software code, however you obtain it, we absolutely guarantee that.  Amazon.com also does sell to Israeli buyers, and they do ship to Israel (we checked), even though they have no domestic presence in the country.  Here are links to some more information on that option:

https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Center-Software/b?ie=UTF8&node=3003491

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596198

This might be a reasonable way for you to obtain the software you want, if you do not have a US-based credit card.

We regret the inconvenience to our many legitimate international customers; and again we thank you for thinking of TurboTax.
frostybluegreen
Returning Member

Thanks for your answer. I will be in the US soon and will pick up my American credit card there. I will wait till I get it and then I will pay for my tax returns etc. As a citizen residing overseas, I have an automatic extension of two months, so it should be okay.

Why won't Turbo Tax accept my credit card information?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try the following steps which may help clear the loop you are experiencing.  Also, some users have reported entering a "fake" address while leaving the city, state, and zip code the same.

• Log completely out of Turbo Tax.
  • Then, clear your cache and cookies within your browser and completely close out of it.  I have included the Help Articles below if you need assistance with clearing cache or cookies.
  • Re-open the browser and log back into Turbo Tax and see if this fixes the situation.
    • You can also try a different browser as well, or "incognito mode".

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please reach back out here in the thread and someone will follow up with the next steps. 

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies