frostybluegreen

I have always payed Turbo Tax with my Israeli credit card with no problem whatsoever. Why will you not accept it now?

I do not have a US credit card, but I have a US bank account. Is there a way I can transfer you the money?

GeoffreyG

Hello, and thank you for your inquiry.  We apologize about this policy change, and how it impacts valued returning customers such as yourself.  Although I do not work in the TurboTax billing department myself, and am instead a tax expert, my understanding is that this policy was instituted as a result of both a significant increase in credit card fraud originating from non-US accounts, as well as in agreement with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as part of an effort to reduce identity fraud and taxpayer refund theft from certain criminal elements operating outside of the US borders.

Of course, such a wide anti-fraud program catches many innocent people as well (such as presumably yourself), and for that we are sorry.  That said, there are still some options for you to use TurboTax.

If you have a major credit card with a United States billing address, then you can purchase TurboTax (Deluxe, Premier or any other version) either as a direct software download, or by using the internet version over our website.  Unfortunately, at this time, however, we cannot accept credit cards with non-US billing addresses. 

Another viable solution that we might suggest would be for you to purchase TurboTax software from a different vendor (one of our authorized retail partners like Amazon.com, for instance) and rather than ordering a software download (which may be also limited to US customers only), you could purchase the program on CD-ROM disc.

It is the very same tax software code, however you obtain it, we absolutely guarantee that.  Amazon.com also does sell to Israeli buyers, and they do ship to Israel (we checked), even though they have no domestic presence in the country.  Here are links to some more information on that option:

https://www.amazon.com/TurboTax-Center-Software/b?ie=UTF8&node=3003491

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596198

This might be a reasonable way for you to obtain the software you want, if you do not have a US-based credit card.

We regret the inconvenience to our many legitimate international customers; and again we thank you for thinking of TurboTax.

GeoffreyG

frostybluegreen

Thanks for your answer. I will be in the US soon and will pick up my American credit card there. I will wait till I get it and then I will pay for my tax returns etc. As a citizen residing overseas, I have an automatic extension of two months, so it should be okay.