turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

beejay53

I have a NR4 with income code 64 and don't know where to report it on 2018 tax return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
PhyllisG

I have a NR4 with income code 64 and don't know where to report it on 2018 tax return.

You can add the information from the Form NR4 into the United States TurboTax according the code that is shown on the statement.

For example, if there is a code 61, then the amount is for interest income. You will: 

• Type "1099-INT" in Search or Find
  • Select the Jump to 1099-int link
  • Navigate through the Form 1099-INT prompts to add your NR4, interest income.

You should convert the Canadian funds to US dollars before entering into TurboTax. 

You will use the Search/Find feature for the topic that relates to the NR4 code.

I cannot locate a code 64 to determine the type of income that you have received. Code 64 is not shown on the NR4 chart. I have attached the link for your reference: http://www.rbcds.com/TaxReporting/_assets-custom/pdf/NR4.pdf

OP asked about code 64, not 61. There are 66 distinct possibilities and 1099-INT does not cover all of them. 

I have been searching Intuit help pages for a while and there is no clear answer. This should be added into the software. 

@entsrgn19 As stated in the answer to the Original Poster -

I cannot locate a code 64 to determine the type of income that you have received. Code 64 is not shown on the NR4 chart. I have attached the link for your reference: http://www.rbcds.com/TaxReporting/_assets-custom/pdf/NR4.pdf

I meant, there is no clear answer for adding form NR4, as there are 66 possibilities, of which not all are the same, and maybe less than 6 have been covered on this help forum. 

Eg, how to add Income Code 26? 

For a RRIF payment -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Canadian Registered Pension Income click on the start button

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies