turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dhall4056

I have a d20 on line 12 of my w2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies

What is the question? 

RayW7
Expert Alumni

W2, Line 12, code D refers to:

Elective deferrals to a section 401(k) cash or deferred arrangement. Also includes deferrals under a SIMPLE retirement account that is part of a section 401(k) arrangement

Just enter the information as TurboTax requests and it will make the following calculations for you.

Not helpful.  I have the same thing.  To be more specific, in Box 9, it is not JUST D 20

It is D 20 18357.02

And when I uploaded the PDF, Turbo Tax entered "20"

I think it should probably be 18357.02,but it is hard to tell.

The 20 refers to the year 2020 (as opposed to 2019).  Ignore the 20.  If it imported wrong you need to fix it.  Or delete the W2 and manually enter it.

On the new W2 I have  a D 20 and a D how do I enter the D 20 in turbo tax?  I don’t have the option in the drop down. Thank you 

Ignore the 20.   That just means the year.  Just enter another line for the second D.  Enter both D on 2 lines.

pyago

I have a Military Retiree with D 20 and D. It did not download incorrectly. Do I combine it with the other D. There is no other catergory.

@pyago   Did you get a W2?  Ignore the "20" .  Can't you add another box 12 for the other D?   I guess you can add them together.   

i have the same problem too, when i going to e file my tax it was showed i have to fix it i just delate the d20 and you cannot put double on D it will be an error

I have a D20 with an amount and a D with an amount. I have tried to create 2 D lines and entered each amount. However, when I go to e-file, it kicks me back to this screen and says there is an error. What do I do?

Thank you,

Melissa

Add them together.  

If it says "D 20" and then an amount.  Just enter D and the amount.  The 20 is just information that it was a 2020 contribution and shoukd be ignored.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

This is not correct. If you just ignore it and keep going, when you get to the review part it comes up with an error that says you have two of the same entries in box 12. Turbotax Error Screenshot.png

You can add them together on one code D.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies