Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a 1099-g for unemployment compensation from missouri but there are no box numbers to enter it on the form in turbo tax? Where do I enter unemployment compensation. In Turbo Tax: Boxes 2,5,6,7,9 and none of them state unemployment compensationnt

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a 1099-g for unemployment compensation from missouri but there are no box numbers to enter it on the form in turbo tax? Where do I enter unemployment compensation. In Turbo Tax: Boxes 2,5,6,7,9 and none of them state unemployment compensationnt

Glad you found it.  You appear to be using the Desktop program.  Just in case and for anyone else reading this, here is a shot of Desktop (Home & Business version).

1099G Unemp.jpg

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Are you in the right 1099G place?  My screen just says Unemployment received and a box.  No box numbers listed.

Unemployment has it's own spot

Enter a 1099G for unemployment under
Federal on left
Wages & Income at top
Unemployment - Click the Start Button

You seem to be in Other 1099G Income under Other Common Income.  You want the line above 

1099G Unemployment.jpg

Yes I'm in the right place under Wages and Income for 1099-G form in Turbo Tax.  The Payment Information has listed

Box 2 Business or Farm Refund

Box 5 Reemployement Trade Adjustment Assistance RTAA Payments

Box 6 Taxable Grants

Box 7 Agriculture Payments

Box 9 Market Gain on CCC Loans

Those are my only choices for entering Unemployment Compensation.

That is the wrong kind of 1099G.  I posted a screen shot above.  

Here's my choices the one I picked is the Other 1099-G Income which talks about RTAA Payments which is on the 1099-G I rxed from Missouri. 

image.png

Ok I finally figured it out.  Thank you so much for your help.

You are still not getting it.  You are completely in the wrong place.  Unemployment is a separate section all by itself.  Scroll way up right under WAGES.  Not 1099Misc and Other Common Income.  

Glad you found it.  You appear to be using the Desktop program.  Just in case and for anyone else reading this, here is a shot of Desktop (Home & Business version).

1099G Unemp.jpg

I got it now thank you very much!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies