turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have 74 pages of 8949 - because of crypto transactions - how do I enter/upload it

1. I used crypto.com tax aggregator - using which  I could aggregate 3 different exchanges crypto transactions - it was category 1099-B not received so obviously basis not reported  - So they give you SCH D and and 8949 file but that 8949 file is 74 pages.

I2.  have another file for crypto transactions  that I have received 1099-B (from Robinhood) but basis not reported so that 8949 has 16 pages.

3. Finally I have stock transactions - that is 1099-B covered - i.e. basis reported.

So how do I upload these 3 different category transactions  - using Turbotax premier online version?

Also for desktop version you can file for total 5 family members?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I have 74 pages of 8949 - because of crypto transactions - how do I enter/upload it

"So they give you SCH D and and 8949 file""

If that 8949 file is a PDF file, TurboTax Online will ask you for that file when you use the TurboTax Summary option.

The same goes for your other transactions for which you have details ready.

I don't think  TurboTax will take multiple PDFs, so you may have to use a PDF editor to combine them into one PDF file.

@seccam 

Contact Support to know what other formats you can supply, i.e. Excel spreadsheet.

I don't know whether  TurboTax allows other formats.

@seccam 

Yes crypto.com tax software gives 8949 and sch D but they also give 2 files ..one is for turbotax online which is .csv and other is for desktop software which ends with .tfm or something 

they also give ready made .csv file - taxact.com

now I am debating - should I go ahead with TurboTax premier which costs about 100$ - in this option I don't have to send anything via mail to IRS  or I can use freetaxusa to efile but have to send 8949 via mail which is about 100 pages big file so 100 printouts  (because they don't support outside file upload) 

What do you suggest ?

is there any way like discount code for turbotax premier?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies