Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had a discount making my turbo tax come out to be 30 dollars and when i go to see how much it will be the ammount changed from a 40 x30 to 70 $?????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Miran
Expert Alumni

I had a discount making my turbo tax come out to be 30 dollars and when i go to see how much it will be the ammount changed from a 40 x30 to 70 $?????

The most common cause of an increase in tax preparation fees are in-product upgrades. Oftentimes, if your specific tax situation requires tax forms that are contained in your current product, the product will offer an upgrade to the product in which the necessary forms are contained. If the upgrade was completed by mistake search the community using the question, "How to downgrade product?" or you can always clear and start over.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Do you have any other TurboTax fees being deducted from your tax refund? If you selected to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, there may be an additional fee for the Refund Processing Service

You can view a breakdown of your TurboTax charges by signing in to your online return. Once you have signed in and selected to continue your return, select Tools from the My Account drop-down list in the upper right corner. In the pop-up window, select My Fees to get a breakdown of your TurboTax charges.

You can remove any add-ons before you pay by selecting:

•    Remove upgrade to Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business

•    Remove MAX

•    Remove Refund Processing Service

•    Remove TurboTax State

•    Remove TurboTax Premium Service

•    Remove TurboTax Federal Free Edition PLUS

Click this link to learn how to remove Premium Fees

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The state return is a separate $40.  Or you want the $30 deducted from your refund?  There is an extra Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge (45 in California) to have it deducted.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies