turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Bevb

I got an email from TurboTax@e.turbotax.inuit.com telling me to call 1-866-602-4279. Is this legit?

I logged into my TurboTax account and in account activity I saw this email was logged. Given that, I decided to try calling the number. The individual with whom I spoke assured me it really was TurboTax and did NOT ask for my personal information. She said it appeared someone tried to use my SS# to file a tax return using another account, but it was denied. I changed my password on the account and set up 2FA. But the phone # does appear to belong to TurboTax and the email was legitimate.

On the other hand, trying to find someone to talk to at any other number was next to impossible. Finding help was impossible. Why doesn't TT post this on their site somewhere and say "if you have received this email it is legitimate?" 

aptcat93

I got an email from TurboTax@e.turbotax.inuit.com telling me to call 1-866-602-4279. Is this legit?

Received the exact same email today.  It was hard to try and verify.  I did the online chat, and received a call back. After 15 minutes the turbotax rep was able to tell me that the number was not a valid number.

Daveon78

I don't know what's going on please help me. I only have one account 

Be sure to only use this resource to contact TurboTax: What is the TurboTax phone number?

For more information about who to contact to report this, see: Avoid phishing scams and spoofed sites.

I did get an email do not know why I did not change any time

leg119
Returning Member

Got an email saying I should call [phone number removed] to clear up questions about my account..is this legit?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We cannot view the email here to verify if this is or is not legit. 

Please call us here, so we can better assist with this. @leg119

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Nasht43

Just an FYI so people know that this is still an ongoing scam.  I just received an email today that Stated Security Alert:  Your TurboTax Account with this same 1-866 # listed on it.

Manage cookies