Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jsmarc26

I forgot what my 5 digit pin was for last year. Is there a way to retrieve the 5 digit pin or submit the file without getting rejected?

can you send me my 5 digit from last year

jsmarc26

I forgot what my 5 digit pin was for last year. Is there a way to retrieve the 5 digit pin or submit the file without getting rejected?

please send me my 5 digit to this email

[email address removed]

or text at [phone number removed]

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Help with obtaining the correct information has been provided by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dayan21

You need to open the return using the tax Sofware for the year that belongs for example for 2019 open it on Quickbooks like if you would amend the return go to see the forms and in page  4 you will find it .

To Locate Your PIN number from 2019 

• The 5 digit self-selected efile Pin will be included in the Federal Information worksheet, shown on Page 4 of the worksheet.  The worksheet is included in the PDF of the 2019 tax return that you can download if you used the online editions.
  • To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you want to use your AGI instead of the pin

can i get my 5 digit pin i misplaced it.I need this to get my stimulas check

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review this thread @willierose65.

cate7478

help please i need the pin from my 2019 tax return 

@cate7478 wrote:

help please i need the pin from my 2019 tax return 

You can use any 5 digit number for your PIN on the 2020 federal tax return.  However, you must enter the 2019 AGI to e-file the 2020 federal tax return.

The 2019 AGI is on the 2019 federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 8b

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $43 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

"You can use any 5 digit number for your PIN on the 2020 federal tax return."

Please don't confuse the 5-digit PIN for e-Filing now, 

and the 5-digit PIN you select for use next year.

If you authorize  e-File with a PIN it must be the correct PIN, not any arbitrary PIN.

MJ1960-61

Forgot 5digit pin for My daughters tax return.  Can I retrieve it or create a new one.  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you referring to the Self Select 5 digit pin number? 

If you don't remember the one you chose last year you can create a new one to use.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ: What is the difference between the five-digit Self-Select PIN I created last year and my Self-Select... for more information.

@MJ1960-61

rickyburgans
Returning Member

Needpin

rickyburgans
Returning Member

Needpin

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

The 5 digit pin is a number you created and only you know - it is not recorded anywhere unless you wrote it down somewhere.   If you don't remember your filing pin and are trying to e-file, use your AGI from last year's return.  

For identification purposes, you need to enter either last year’s Self-Select PIN or adjusted gross income (AGI).  You do not need both.

How do I find last year’s AGI?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies