turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filled out all federal info in the freedom edition but i don't qualify for freedom edition, how do i upgrade to another version?

i made too much money and don't qualify for the eic to be able to use the freedom edition. this is the first time i didn't qualify. i want to upgrade to a version of turbo tax that will allow me to proceed and i understand there will be charges for this service.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I filled out all federal info in the freedom edition but i don't qualify for freedom edition, how do i upgrade to another version?

You cannot upgrade in the Freedom Edition.

You must start again here:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/online/

Note that TT Freedom is different from TT Free.

You should be able to upgrade from Tax Freedom to Deluxe or higher.
While going through the Freedom Edition if you enter any information that causes ineligibility you will be asked to upgrade to Deluxe and it will transfer you to Turbo Tax Online.

But currently there is a looping problem with Tax Freedom
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4491467-if-you-do-not-qualify-for-turbotax-freedom-and-click-on-ta...

Here’s what one person found......
From TurbotaxFreedom, you have to click on "FILE" - there is no "UPGRADE" option. Then you get the message that you aren't eligible and there is a "Choose TurboTax Deluxe" button (as well as "Exit to IRS.gov")

That second link says yes.

I thought that because of the "Chinese Wall" between Freedom and the other TT products, the user needed different ID's.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies