Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed through h and r block last year how do I get my agi

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Did you have your tax return prepared at an H&R Block office, or did you prepare it yourself with the H&R Block software?

Your 2015 AGI is on your copy of your H&R Block tax return. It's on Form 1040 line 37, Form 1040A line 21, or Form 1040EZ line 4.

If you do not have your copy of your 2015 tax return, and you filed at an H&R Block office, contact that office to get another copy. If you used the H&R Block software, go to their web site or contact their support to find out how to get a copy.

You can also get a free transcript of your 2015 tax return from the IRS at the following link. The Tax Return Transcript will show your AGI (Adjusted Gross Income).

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If the H&R Block office where you had your 2015 tax return prepared is not open now, contact the nearest year-round office.
randy1963

I need my AGI for 2019

Huttoted

Trying to get agi from HR Block for 2019

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

If you prepared your return online through H & R Block, you may be able to log in to your account to print a copy of your previous year return to find the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).

If you filed at an office, then you should go back to that office to request a copy of your 2019 return.  The AGI will be shown on Form 1040 line 8b.

Otherwise, take a look at the following TurboTax article for more options:  How do I find last year's AGI?

@Huttoted

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JFALK1

I want to know the same thing

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If you can't obtain a copy of your 2019 return from them, you might need to order a transcript or copy of your return from the IRS. 

Click here Get  Transcript and select  "Get Transcript Online "  or request a full copy of your past year's tax return.  Click here: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-4506

@ JFALK1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am trying to file my fasa for the school year 2020-2021 and I need my AGI for 2019.  I filed online through H&R Block last year and the year before I used a disc and sent the file electronically.

If you are just looking for your AGI because the FAFSA form asks for it you can get it from your transcript or from your Form 1040.

Your 2019 tax return shows your 2019 Adjusted Gross Income  (AGI)  If you filed a joint return then the AGI is the same for each of you.

Form 1040        line 8b

You can get a free transcript of your past return from the IRS:  

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
tiffboop

Hi my name is tiffany welch I am trying to get my aig from h&r block so I can do this year's taxes..can you help me

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

You will need to contact your H&R block office for assistance with obtaining a copy of your previous year's tax return. As mentioned in the thread, you may also request a transcript directly from the IRS @tiffboop.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies