jaizstewart23

I filed both fed and state with turbo tax online at the same time but it's only saying the state portion was done. Do I need to redo the federal

Should I redo the federal portion?
Anonymous
Not applicable

once you get the 2 submitted emails (one for each fed and state) then you get separate accepted or rejected emails for each of those returns.  it should not be possible to successfully efile state if federal is rejected because there is supposed to be security measures in place to prevent this.    so look for an acceptance email for both state and fed.  if you get them you are done with both.

Anonymous
Not applicable