I filed an extension and paid $60, do I have to pa...
Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I filed an extension and paid $60, do I have to pay more to file?

3 Replies
Level 15

I filed an extension and paid $60, do I have to pay more to file?

Your post indicates you are using the TurboTax Deluxe online edition -

Deluxe online edition for a federal tax return - $40

State tax return when using the Deluxe edition or higher - $40

Option to pay the TurbTax account fees with the federal tax refund - service charge $40


If you do not file a state tax return, do not request to have the TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund, request the optional Max benefits package, or Upgrade to one of the higher editions then there would not be any further charges.

Level 15

I filed an extension and paid $60, do I have to pay more to file?

Additionally, there are no e-file fees when using the online editions, federal or state.  You only pay for the use of the TurboTax software to assist in completing the tax return.

Level 15

I filed an extension and paid $60, do I have to pay more to file?

You are posting from online Deluxe--which costs $60.  If you have to prepare a state return it is another $50, or if you choose to add extra features like MAX you have to pay additional fees.  If you already paid $60 for Deluxe you need to go to exactly the same account with the same user ID to finish preparing the return.


Many people have multiple TT accounts and forget how to access them.  Log out of the account you are in now.


Account recovery



Or did you use the desktop version of TurboTax?  If so, the files are on your own hard drive or any backup device you used like a flash drive.







To get a copy of your previously filed returns prepared with online TurboTax https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900748-how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-in-turbotax-online







When you requested your extension you were supposed to pay your estimated tax due.  Did you enter the payment you made into your tax return?  Go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Estimates and Other Taxes Paid>Other Income Taxes 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dynamic Ads
Privacy Settings