Find Your Tax Data File in Mac
This article explains how to find a tax return file created in TurboTax CD/Download software for Mac.
TurboTax support agents are unable to retrieve tax returns that were prepared in TurboTax CD/download software because your data is stored locally, on your computer's hard drive. E-filing does not create archive copies on our servers.
Follow these steps to find your .tax file on your Mac OS 10.4.x (or later) computer.
- In the upper-right corner of your screen, click the Spotlight (magnifying glass) icon, and then type .tax in search field. Search results appear as you type.
- Tax return files will appear in the Documents section. The default name for tax files is the primary taxpayer's name followed by the 2-digit tax year.
- If you don't see your tax return, click Show All in Finder at the top of the Spotlight search list.
- In the new window, go to List view, by clicking the button at the top that looks like 4 horizontal lines in a stack. Then, in the Kind column, look for TurboTax...Tax Return
You may also use the Finder (at the bootom of the screen on the app bar).
- Click on the Finder
- Select All my Files on the left.
- Search for .tax files.