turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will the IRS hasn't finalized one or more of your forms. Once forms are finalized, you will be able to access this section.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

47 Replies

When will the IRS hasn't finalized one or more of your forms. Once forms are finalized, you will be able to access this section.

Click on Review to see what forms you are waiting for.

You may be aware that in late December Congress passed a major tax reform bill.  That has the IRS scrambling to get tax return forms ready for this tax filing season.  They were waiting for the laws to pass.

Some forms are not finalized so you cannot file.  The IRS has to finalize a number of forms and then approve the finalized forms in the TT software.  Many state forms are not finalized either.  What's the rush?  The IRS will not be accepting returns until January 29 at the earliest, so filing early will not get you a faster refund.  The earliest refunds will not be released until mid to late February.  You just have to wait for the forms to be ready.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-federal-products-exc...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908857-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-state-except-busines...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Would have been nice if you would have put this explanation in with this ruling, rather than the PAYING customer have to search for the answers- also- put a phone number where we the CUSTOMER can find it in order to call-

Forms are ready but TT is still saying that they arent.

I’ve tried and tried and tried i even searched to see if forms are ready and they are but it’s still not letting me finish
casey8

Yeah, no. This is not an appropriate answer. I have two forms that are pending - one that is already (ALREADY) listed as available, the other that was made available (according to Intuit) today. And yet, can't submit anything. Either don't provide timelines that you have no control over, or throw a big warning up prior to going through the process that efiling isn't available. Warning goes away when Intuit is made aware that it can be completed.
nlittle87

How is it my 8863 is available other filing websites but not TT? Sounds more like someone is slacking and for once it is not the government.
bryanmillerbar
Returning Member

I agree with @nlittle87

Mine are all available and I’m still not able to process and sign my return
cchaos19

Same here
bryanmillerbar
Returning Member

I wonder what’s going on with turbo tax ???

Makes me want to clear my return and go somewhere else

Most forms are scheduled to be updated today, January 18, but we don't know what time of day that means. TurboTax is programmed from California, and it's still early there. Try again later today or tonight.
bryanmillerbar
Returning Member

I fell the same but , I’m a little scared. I been doing my taxes with turbo tax for years.

I know people who submitted through H&R Block why is turbo tax behind? Makes no sense
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies