cruncie

I earned wages in NYC but I live in Long Island, do I still put NYC in box 20 on my w2

Just want to be clear I'm not eligible to pay the NYC tax as I don't live there I only work there.
DanielV01

It depends.  If you are not a New York City worker, then you do not pay a city tax.  However, you will enter all of the information that appears on your W-2.  If NYC tax was withheld (box 19), you will be refunded this amount.  In the NY State Residency return, you will be asked questions about your residency status so that the city taxes can be refunded to you (or applied towards the rest of your return if necessary).  Here is a NY website that answers your question a little more detailed:  https://tax.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/571