Chapelray57

I e filed my 20/20 tax return with TurboTax I forgot to apply for the recovery rebate credit how do I do that

HelenC12

The IRS will not calculate the Recovery Rebate Credit for you so you'll have to amend your income tax return to claim it. Wait for the IRS to process your return before you amend.

At this time, you're not able to  amend a 2020 income tax return. As of today, it's estimated that the IRS will finalize the 1040X form on 3/18/2021. However check the forms availability to see any updates to that date. 

Generally, Form 1040-X,  Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, must be filed within three years of the date the original return was filed, or within two years of the date the tax was paid, whichever is later.

You only apply for that credit if you did not receive the first two stimulus payments.  Is that your situation? 

(Some folks incorrectly think this is how you apply for stimulus #3, but that has not yet been enacted into law by Congress.)